The Science and Research Committee is responsible for keeping the Association informed of the ecological research and information needs of the States and managing a process for addressing those needs through a variety of mechanisms, including enhanced Federal-State partnerships.
The Committee meets this charge by:
- Collecting research and information needs
- Evaluating and prioritizing needs
- Facilitating the transfer of existing information to address specific needs
- Prioritizing needs that must be addressed through new research projects
- Coordinating action plans with research organizations (Federal, State, and others)
- Evaluating the progress/findings of the research efforts and facilitating the effective dissemination/translation of research findings into management implications